After months of waiting, the moment is finally here. Tonight (Nov. 16, 2017), Elon Musk is giving the world its first look at Tesla’s new semi. The event just started. Stay tuned here for live updates. See the event below.
- The term that Tesla came up with to define the performance of the Tesla semi is BAMF.
- Musk claims that it can go from zero to sixty in just 5 seconds.
- You can carry the maximum weight on a highway in a Tesla and accelerate from zero to sixty in 20 seconds.
- The semis have a range of 500 miles at maximum weight (80,000 pounds) while traveling at maximum highway speed.
- They can travel up-hill at 65 mph versus 45 mph for other semis
- Tesla trucks are able to hit 65 mph vs 45 mph up a 5% grade compared to a standard truck
- Musk claims most routes are 250 miles one way, meaning that the trucks can make deliveries and return home without charging.
- The driver’s seat got a serious upgrade. It is placed dead center and is moved much farther forward, thanks to the absence of the engine.
- Still no details on price or when they will officially go on sale. Though Musk did claim that diesel trucks will ultimately cost 20 percent more per mile and that they will go into production in 2019.
- Musk claimed that continuing to use diesel would be “economic suicide,” as Tesla semis will cost just 7 cents/kWh.
The post Watch Live: Elon Musk is Finally Unveiling Tesla’s Electric Semi appeared first on Futurism.